Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Expectations

I read through old poems of mine to see what I wanted in a relationship before I had one and although some of the things matched up, my last relationship didn't have all of what I wanted.

I like the way you warm my hand
When mine's too cold to bear- true
I love it when I need you
And you're already there- false

I like the way you hug me
When I've had a rotten day- false
I like the way you wipe away tears
When there's nothing there is to say- false

I like the way you kiss me- true
And would never ever lie- wrong.
I like the way you smile- true
And could never make me cry- false

I like the way you love me- no
And we're never far apart- about that...
Even if I like all this
You could still break my heart- true

This is kind of therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment