Monday, May 31, 2010

The Great Cat Hunt

Have you ever woken up at 1 am to a house full of people looking for a meowing cat that is apparently IN THE WALLS? Because I have. And I was not pleased.
So began the Great Cat Hunt. We knew which cat it was mostly because he hadn't come running for food all day. The cat, Ares, was trapped somewhere. And at one in the morning? I was happy to let him stay trapped until I was rested enough to deal with the little, furry ball of evil. But no, we had to find him at 1 A.M. Because everyone else was awake! And I might as well be, although 8 hours later I'll be expected to carry a snare drum on my shoulders in 90 degree weather.
So, in a sleepy haze, I started yelling, "Ares, stop being an idiot. Where ARE YOU?" Then I started whispering pathetically, "I just want to go to sleep. That's all I want." And repeat back to the yelling.
Eventually my sister found him, between the basement ceiling and the ground-floor floor, when she got boosted onto a fridge and then onto a filing cabinet thing by her boyfriend. Then there was the issue of pulling the little thing out because he decided this would be his summer home, where he could be closer to Satan. So he refused to leave.
Little psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment