Sunday, May 30, 2010

Grad Weekend

A lot has been happening. Here's my weekend.

Friday: My family came all the way from Kansas to see my sister graduate. Her party was on Friday and the flowers were beautiful. She displayed some photos I had taken of her and pictures on a board of everything. I find it interesting how for manual cameras, I called the product photos, but for anything else, it's pictures. But I digress.
We partied and... stuff? We stopped by one of her old friends' grad parties. She was very friendly (and very pregnant) when she gave us hugs. Then we went home and... did what? I haven't the slightest idea.

Saturday: I went to Shelb's grad party and then my brother took me to Evan's and Christian's parties. Christian has AWESOME food and I met his mom, along with everyone else who wondered where she'd been. Then I went home and chilled. I know, I'm so boring.
Then, I was called to the basement where, for ten minutes, I literally sat there and watched my sister shave calluses off her feet and then pumice-stone them and then use some other bizarre tool to smooth them out. I'm not kidding. Ten minutes. Without music. Just sitting on the bathtub edge. She has an obsession.
Then, I got ready (in about ten minutes total, I might add), which involved putting on my whole outfit and makeup. Waterproof makeup.
Once at the school I found someone to carry my sister's flute into the gym bleachers and THEN I had to find Alex's car in the crowded lot only with the clue that her car was dark green and the windows were down. After finding it, I searched for the trunk button to get out her saxophone, hoping that this was in fact her car and not someone else's. Then Drew came to the rescue! Yay Drew! I got the sax, again hoping I wasn't stealing an innocent person's beloved instrument, and lugged it back into the school to put it together and move it to the bleachers. Guess how long this whole paragraph took in real life. Ten minutes! That is a very significant amount of time for me.
I was crying before the slideshow was over and I held multiple people's hands as they stood in line to receive their diplomas.
Once we were home, Elyse and I changed and waited for Shelb and Aaron to be ready. Then we went to Christian's house again and pigged out.
I saw my friend Nic there. Here's what you need to know about Nicky:
1. He's gay.
2. He's a slut.
3. He parties.
4. I absolutely love that kid.
He smelled like cigarettes (surprise, surprise).
Anyway, then I went home and watched a movie with my cousins, Ashley and Zane. They both fell asleep at some points, I think. Then we all went to bed.

Today: I went to church, which was exhausting considering I was up till 1:30 and then an alarm went off at 5:30 for my cousins to leave. Then to Bob's party, where I talked to people I'm not entirely close to.
My brother took me to Eli's party. He lives out on a farm and it was, by far, the best party I've gone to yet. And I don't know why. It was in and out his small garage and there was sweet tea and lemonade. His smile is cute and I knew nothing about him really before today.
Sadly, we left and went home. Then we went to Zach's party. He invited me to another party later on and I said maybe and then my sister refused to drive me there because, "If you can get a ride then whatever but I'm not going to be responsible for you tonight. Once again I'm not trying to be a jerk but I only get one graduation weekend and I just want to hang out with my friends and not have to worry about you. And I will. Because I always do."
1. I understand it's her graduation, but I WAS invited.
2. She acts like I need a babysitter. I can take care of myself, I'm just late in getting my license.
3. It's not my fault she worries like she does. She has no reason to.
4. She's encroached on my fun before and didn't care. I feel a bit entitled, although that kind of makes me a bitch.
"Really this would be hanging out with MY friends. I'm not asking you to hang out with people I KNOW you would be uncomfortable around."
1. They could have been my friends if she didn't talk to me like I'm an idiot. I'm only about 1 1/2 years younger and she tries to hold it over my head like it's a victory. Good job, grab a Tootsie Roll, we all know this.
2. She's asked me to be in uncomfortable situations before. How is this different?

So now, guess where I am! At home watching Harry Potter. Yay. Fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment