Saturday, May 29, 2010

Changes

I'm worried about everything.
So many things are changing. Ever since I get these glasses, it's like I not only see things in 3D. I can see the changes and I don't like it. I'm not good with change.
People I've known all my life are graduating and I'm scared I'll never see some of them again. It's happened. We grow up and apart and we don't realize it until we see people who used to be our best friends and wonder how long they've had glasses or been dating that new guy or lost all that weight. It's terribly sad. And now I'm seeing it clearly.
And there's nothing I can do to stop the swirling world and the twisting clock and the setting sun. The moon's going to wane whether I want it to or not and I won't realize it until it's back at full blast, shining a silver light through my window. And then it's like seeing that old friend again. Talking to the man on the moon and seeing that he has aged.
I feel like time's moving so fast that I can't even start living, like it's too late to have a life and make friends.
Because friends move and die and change.
And then they're just photographs of people you knew once.

No comments:

Post a Comment